Homophones : A word that is pronounced the same as another word but has a different meaning and spelling. For ex :-
1. Advice (सलाह) – He listened to his teacher’s advice.
Advise (सलाह देना ) – The doctor advised him to take rest.
2. Brake (ब्रेक ) – He changed the brakes of his car.
Break (तोडना ) – Don’t break the glass.
3. Blue (नीला रंग ) – The sky is blue.
Blew (बजाई ) – The guard blew the whistle.
4. Bear (भालू ) – I saw a bear cycling in a circus.
Bare (नंगे ) – Don’t walk bare footed.
5. Buy (खरीदना ) – I buy vegetable from this market.
By (द्वारा ) – I go to school by bus.
6. Cattle (पशु ) -The cattle are grazing.
Kettle (केतली ) -Please pour the tea in the kettle.
7. Cheque (धनादेश ) – He gave me a cheque of Rs. 500.
Check (जांचना ) – Check your answers.
8. Deer (हिरण ) – A deer runs very fast.
Dear (प्रिय ) – You are my dear friend.
9. Dye (रंगना ) – Please dye my shirt red.
Die (मरना ) – I can die for my country.
10. Fair (मेला ) – We went to the trade fair.
Fare (किराया ) – What is the bus fare from here to Red Fort ?
11. Herd (पशुओं का झुण्ड ) – A herd of cattle is blocking the traffic.
Heard (सुना ) – I have heard this story.
12. Hair (बाल ) – Her hair is black.
Hare (खरगोश ) – I told him the story of ‘the Hare and the Tortoise’
13. Here (यहाँ ) – Come here and sit down.
Hear (सुनना ) – Can you hear me ?
14. Lose (खोना ) – Don’t lose your money. Keep it in the bag.
Loose (ढीला ) – This dress is loose to me.
15. Marry (शादी करना ) – No girl should marry before eighteen.
Merry (आनंद मनाना ) – Merry Christmas to you.
16. Meet (मिलना ) – Meet me in the evening.
Meat (माँस ) – I don’t eat meat.
17. Our (हमारा ) – This is our school.
Hour (घंटा ) – He came after two hours.
18. Principal (प्राचार्य ) – Our Principal is a nice man.
Principle (सिद्धांत ) – My father is a man of Principles.
19. Peace (शांति ) – I feel peace in an ashram.
Piece (टुकड़ा ) – Give me a piece of chlalk.
20. Quiet (शाँत ) – Keep quiet please.
Quite (बिल्कुल ) – I am quite happy here.
21. Right (दायाँ ) – Take a right turn.
Write (लिखना ) – Write me a letter.
22. See (देखना ) – I can’t see the crow from here.
Sea (समुद्र ) – The water of sea is saltish.
23. Story (कहानी ) – My grandfather tells me a story every evening.
Storey (मंजिल ) – Our school building is double storey.
24. Sun (सूरज ) – The sun gives us light.
Son (बेटा ) – Mr. Gupta has two sons.
25. Their (उनका ) – They are doing their practical.
There (वहाँ ) – My sister went to the fair, I did not go there.
26. Through (के द्वारा ) – She looked me through the hole.
Threw (फेंका ) – He threw the ball at me.
27. Tail (पूँछ ) – The monkey has a long tail.
Tale (कहानी ) – some tales are very interesting.
28. Week (सप्ताह ) – There are seven days in a week.
Weak (कमजोर ) – Sickness makes you weak.
29. Weigh (तौलना ) – Weigh the rice again.
Way (रास्ता ) – This way goes to the market.
30. Weight (वजन ) – Get your weight checked.
Wait (प्रतीक्षा करना ) – Please wait for me, I’ll be ready soon.
31. Waste (व्यर्थ गंवाना ) – Don’t waste your time.
Waist (कमर ) – I bought a waist – coast yesterday.
Homonyms : A word that is spelt and pronounced like another word but has a different meaning. For example :-
1. Stalk (तना ) – The stalk of this tree is very smooth.
Stalk (पीछा करना ) – The police stalk the thief.
2. Bear (भालू ) – The bear is black.
Bear (सहन करना ) – I cannot bear such a pain.
3. Left (बायाँ ) – Turn to the left.
Left (छोड़ दिया ) – One night Gautam Buddha left his palace.
4. Bark (भौंकना ) – The dog barks on the thief.
Bark (पेड़ की छाल ) – Peepal bark has medicinal value.
5. Dear (प्रिय ) – My dear mother.
Dear (महँगा ) – Households goods have become dear now.
6. Kind (दयालु ) – He is very kind person.
Kind (प्रकार ) – There are five kinds of nouns.
7. Fine (अति उत्तम ) – Cloth is fine.
Fine (दंड , दण्डित करना ) – The magistrate fined the culprit.
8. Order (साई क्रम में ) – Keep things in order.
Order (आदेश ) – The officer ordered the peon to bring a file.
9. Pole (अंतिम भाग ) – The north and south poles of the earth are slightly flat.
Pole (खम्भा ) – This is a electric pole.
10. Wave (तरंग ) – Look at the sea wave.
Wave (हिलना ) – The leader waves hand in greeting.